White Tail Spider Control Melbourne | White-Tailed Spider Removal
White Tail Spider Removal Melbourne
The white tail spider (or white-tailed spider) is a native Australian spider that has gained a fearsome reputation as a flesh-destroying monster. While this reputation has been proven to be false by numerous studies, it is still a venomous spider nonetheless. We specialise in spider removal, including white tail spider control in all Melbourne suburbs.
What does a White Tail Spider Look Like?
The white tail is distinguishable by a white tip at the base of the abdomen. It has a long slender body, approximately 12mm for males and 18mm for females. It also has dark brown-orange banded legs.
How Dangerous is a White Tail Spider?
If you are bitten you will experience local pain at the site of the bite. You may also experience swelling and an itch. In some cases, you may experience nausea, vomiting, tiredness, and headache. A thorough study has found that a white tail spider bite will not cause infections or necrotic ulcers. That’s right, they will not cause your flesh to rot!
Where does a White Tail Spiders Live?
These species are what we call a nomadic spider. Rather than spin a web to catch prey, they simply wander around until they find a suitable meal – other spiders! They are active at night and will hide during daylight hours.
In outdoor areas they can be found under:
- Leaf litter; &
- Garden mulch.
In indoor areas they can be found:
- In cracks and crevices;
- Under boxes and other stored items;
- In the folds of clothes & towels;
- Inside shoes; &
- Under children’s toys.
How Can I Spider Proof my Home?
The best way to control a spider invasion is to exclude them from entering the home. To exclude spiders you should:
- Install fly wire doors and window screens and ensure they are in good condition and tightly sealed;
- Fill cracks and crevices inside the home with a suitable space filler;
- Ensure that the areas around where pipe penetrations and utility services enter the home are filled with a suitable space filler;
- Place weep hole covers into any exposed weep holes; &
- Keep the interior of the home clean, remove objects off the floor & dust away any webs.
No matter what physical measures you put into place somehow nature always seems to find a way. That’s where we come in.
How Can a Pest Controller Assist with my Spider Problem?
Spring is the breeding season so spiders are on the lookout for a mate. Your home may be the perfect place for a couple to become romantic and establish a family. (On a side note, the female red back spider will eat its male mate after consummation!)
If you tremble at the thought of an influx of spiders in and around your home then this is what we can do:
- Spray of the interior skirting boards and floors with a strong repellent liquid;
- Crack and crevice dusting with a strong repellent dust;
- Cornice area spraying with a repellent aerosol;
- Subfloor / weep holes / roof cavity dusting with a strong repellent dust; &
- Spray of the exterior areas including walls, around windows, eaves, fences and gardens with a strong repellent.
The products we use will provide fast knock down of resident ants, cockroaches, spiders and other like pests and provide a residual barrier (limited by time) around the home to deter future infestations.
In regard to white tail spiders, it’s best to remove their food source, which we have established to be other spiders. The treatment we offer will eliminate web-spinning spiders and greatly reduce the likelihood of any new ones set up camp anytime soon.
If you require further information or you would like to book a spider removal treatment then simply contact us on 1300 665 573. We specialise in spider control in all Melbourne suburbs. Call TODAY!